Choosing the Right Strain: A Guide to Recognizing CBD Flower vs. Marijuana
Are you new to the world of cannabis and looking to try it out for its medicinal benefits? While cannabis has been stigmatized as a recreational drug, it has various strains, each with unique features and properties that can provide therapeutic effects. However, if you're selecting the right strain, it can be challenging to differentiate between CBD flower vs. marijuana. This guide aims to provide insights into the differences between these strains, their properties, and how to choose the right one.
What is CBD Flower?
CBD (Cannabidiol) flower is derived from the hemp plant and is a cannabis strain with no psychoactive effects, unlike marijuana. It has various medicinal properties that have created excitement among patients, researchers, and doctors. The characteristic feature of a CBD flower is the low THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) content, with less than 0.3%. THC is the compound that creates a high feeling, and so CBD flower lacks this feature.
What is Marijuana?
Marijuana, also known by its scientific name Cannabis Sativa, is a psychoactive cannabis strain. It's legal in some countries, but in most parts of the world, it's regarded as an illicit drug with a high potential for abuse. The compound THC is found in higher quantities in marijuana, creating mind-altering effects.
What are the Key Differences between CBD Flower and Marijuana?
Respite from various ailments is just one of many attributes that cannabis members share, but the marijuana and hemp plants are distinct in more than one way.
Here are the key differences between CBD flower and marijuana:
– THC Content: CBD Flower has less than 0.3% THC making it a non-psychoactive cannabis strain, while marijuana contains more than 0.3% THC, making it a mind-altering strain.
– Legal Status: CBD Flower is legal in most states in the US and various countries worldwide. In contrast, marijuana has varying levels of legality in different states and countries, depending on its recreational or medicinal use.
– Medicinal Properties: CBD flower has various medicinal properties, including the ability to help with anxiety, depression, inflammation, and chronic pain. Marijuana has medicinal properties, but its potential use is limited due to the psychoactive effects it can cause.
– Effects on the Body: CBD flower does not cause mind-altering effects, making it suitable for use for medicinal purposes without affecting normal everyday functioning. Marijuana can impact memory, attention, coordination, and reaction times.
– Religious and Professional beliefs: Some people's religious and professional beliefs may not allow them to use marijuana, but CBD flower can be a viable option.
How to Choose the Right Strain
Selecting the right strain for your needs is essential in achieving the desired results. Here are factors to consider when choosing between CBD flowering vs. marijuana:
– Intended Use: What symptoms or health issues are you hoping to combat? CBD flowers are effective for addressing several conditions like pain, anxiety, stress, and depression, without causing any psychoactive effects. In contrast, marijuana may provide relief for these conditions but can cause psychoactive effects such as feeling euphoric, hungry, or high.
– THC Content: If you're looking to avoid psychoactive effects, choosing a CBD flower is ideal. If you're comfortable with psychoactive effects, marijuana may provide more effective results.
– Medical History: Consult with your doctor before trying any new medication, including CBD flower and marijuana. This is especially important if you have a history of heart or lung disease or any ailment that may affect how your body processes the compounds.
– Method of Delivery: How you consume the product can affect the onset, duration, and intensity of the effects. With CBD flowers, you can use it in several ways such as smoking, vaping, or cooking. However, with marijuana, it's essential to choose a method that delivers the desired effects without causing long-term damage.
FAQ on Choosing the Right Strain
Q: What is the difference between CBD flower vs. oil?
A: CBD flower comes directly from the hemp plant, while CBD oil is made by extracting the CBD compound from the plant and mixing it with a carrier oil. CBD oil can contain varying amounts of CBD, while CBD flowers retain the full spectrum of compounds found in the hemp plant.
Q: Can I drive after using CBD flower or marijuana?
A: It's not advisable to drive after using either CBD flower or marijuana. This is because it can impact concentration, reaction times, and coordination, and can result in an accident.
Q: What are the potential side effects of using CBD flower or marijuana?
A: Side effects may occur when using either CBD flower or marijuana, such as dizziness, dry mouth, headache, and nausea. However, these side effects are typically mild, and most people can tolerate them.
Q: Can I mix CBD flower and marijuana?
A: Yes, you can mix CBD flower and marijuana. This can have a more balanced effect, reducing the psychoactive properties of marijuana.
Choosing between CBD flower vs. marijuana can be a difficult decision, but understanding their differences in legal status, medicinal properties, and effects on the body can help you make an informed choice. Additionally, consider factors such as medical history, intended use, and delivery methods when selecting the right strain to fit your needs. With the right strain, you can experience the benefits of cannabis without psychoactive effects.