Clearing the Air: Unpacking the Rules for Transporting CBD on Flights
CBD or cannabidiol has become a popular alternative for those seeking to manage stress levels, anxiety, and other health issues. With its increasing popularity, many travelers wonder whether transporting CBD on flights is legal or not. Airline regulations regarding transporting CBD products can be confusing, and it's important to know the rules before you pack your bags.
What is CBD?
CBD is a non-psychoactive compound that is extracted from the cannabis plant. It's known for its numerous potential health benefits, including reducing anxiety, depression, and chronic pain. CBD is legal for both medicinal and personal use, but it is still subject to federal and state regulations.
Is CBD Allowed on Flights?
The rules about bringing CBD products on flights depend on the type of CBD product you want to bring with you. As per TSA guidelines, passengers are allowed to bring hemp-derived CBD products on a flight, which allows up to 0.3% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). However, the rules may vary for international flights. It's essential to check with your airline company and navigate the rules of the countries you'll be traveling through.
What CBD Products Are Allowed on Flights?
As per the TSA guidelines, passengers are allowed to bring the following CBD products on-board:
However, it's essential to make sure that these products contain no more than 0.3% THC by weight.
What CBD Products Are Not Allowed on Flights?
The following CBD products are not permitted onboard:
- CBD flower and buds
- CBD-infused alcohol and beverages
- CBD edibles which look like regular candies or snacks, as they can be confused with other illegal substances
How to Pack CBD on Flights?
When packing CBD products for a flight, it's essential to pack them smartly. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Put CBD products in a see-through, resealable plastic bag
- Keep CBD products in their original packaging with the ingredient list and THC content clearly listed
- Place the CBD products in your carry-on luggage to ensure they are with you at all times
- If carrying CBD creams or lotions, remember to pack them in containers of 100 ml or less to abide by the TSA liquid rules
- It's always advisable to do your research before arriving at the airport. Different states and countries may have different laws regarding CBD products, so ensure you're aware of them before you travel
FAQs about transporting CBD on Flights
Q. What is the legal THC limit for CBD products that can be carried on a flight?
A. According to TSA guidelines, CBD products should contain no more than 0.3% THC by weight.
Q. Can I bring CBD flower and buds on a flight?
A. No, CBD flower and buds are not permitted on a flight.
Q. Can I carry CBD-infused snacks on a flight?
A. Yes, you can carry CBD-infused snacks and gummies on a flight.
Q. How do I pack CBD products for a flight?
A. Ensure you pack your CBD products in a see-through, resealable plastic bag, and keep them in their original packaging with the ingredient list and THC content clearly listed.
Q. Should I check with the airline company before carrying CBD products on a flight?
A. Yes, it's always recommended that you check with your airline company before carrying CBD products on a flight to avoid any inconvenience or confusion.