Are you one of the many people who dread the thought of flying? Do you get anxious at the mere idea of being in a plane for hours on end? You're not alone. In-flight anxiety is a common problem that affects many people, but the good news is that there's a solution – CBD.
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural compound found in the cannabis plant. It's become increasingly popular in recent years for its ability to reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. And now, many people are turning to CBD to help them combat in-flight anxiety.
So, how does CBD work? And is it safe to take on a plane? Read on to find out.
How CBD Reduces Anxiety
Anxiety is a normal response to stressful situations, but it can become overwhelming and debilitating. CBD has been shown to reduce anxiety in a number of ways:
– It increases the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that's essential for regulating mood and anxiety.
– It promotes the growth of new brain cells in the hippocampus, an area of the brain that's involved in regulating emotions.
– It reduces the activity in the amygdala, an area of the brain that's involved in fear and anxiety.
All of these effects work together to help reduce feelings of anxiety and promote a sense of calm.
Is CBD Safe to Take on a Plane?
Yes, CBD is safe to take on a plane. But it's important to keep a few things in mind:
– Make sure the CBD product you're taking contains less than 0.3% THC (the psychoactive component in cannabis). This is the legal limit for CBD products, and anything above that could land you in trouble with airport security.
– Keep your CBD products in their original packaging and bring a copy of the lab test results with you. This will help to prove that the product you're bringing is legal and contains the amount of THC that's allowed.
How to Take CBD for In-Flight Anxiety
There are several ways to take CBD for in-flight anxiety:
– CBD oil: This is the most common way to take CBD. Simply place a few drops under your tongue and hold it there for 30-60 seconds before swallowing. You can also add it to your food or drinks.
– CBD capsules: If you don't like the taste of CBD oil, capsules are a good alternative. They're easy to swallow and come in pre-measured doses.
– CBD gummies: Gummies are a fun and tasty way to take CBD. They're often flavored and come in different strengths.
– CBD topicals: If you're not comfortable taking CBD orally, topicals are a good option. They come in the form of creams, lotions, and balms, and can be applied directly to the skin.
The best way to determine the right dose of CBD for you is to start with a low dose and gradually increase it until you achieve the desired effect. It's also a good idea to test out your preferred method of taking CBD before your flight to ensure it works for you.
Q: Is CBD legal?
A: CBD is legal in many countries, but some have stricter regulations than others. Make sure to check the laws and regulations of the countries you'll be visiting before bringing CBD products with you.
Q: Will CBD get me high?
A: CBD does not have psychoactive effects and will not get you high. However, it's important to make sure the product you're taking contains less than 0.3% THC (the psychoactive component in cannabis).
Q: Can I take CBD with other medication?
A: It's always best to check with your doctor before taking CBD with other medication. CBD can interact with certain medications, so it's important to make sure it's safe for you to take.
Q: How much CBD should I take for in-flight anxiety?
A: The right dose of CBD for you depends on several factors, including your weight, metabolism, and the strength of the product you're taking. It's best to start with a low dose and gradually increase it until you achieve the desired effect.
Q: Is it safe to take CBD on a plane?
A: Yes, CBD is safe to take on a plane as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC (the legal limit for CBD products). Make sure to keep your CBD products in their original packaging and bring a copy of the lab test results with you.