Telling Apart CBD and Marijuana: Tips and Tricks for Consumers
If you're new to the world of cannabis, it can be difficult to differentiate between CBD and marijuana. While both come from the same plant, they have vastly different effects on your body, and it's essential to know the difference. In this article, we'll go over some tips and tricks to help you tell apart CBD and marijuana.
What is CBD?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the many compounds found in the cannabis plant. Unlike THC, CBD is non-psychoactive, which means it won't get you high. It's commonly used to treat ailments such as anxiety, pain, and inflammation.
What is marijuana?
Marijuana, on the other hand, is known for its psychoactive effects. It contains high levels of THC, the compound that produces feelings of euphoria and alters your perception of the world around you.
Tips for Telling CBD and Marijuana Apart
- Check the THC content: The most straightforward way to differentiate between CBD and marijuana is by checking the THC content. If a product has less than 0.3% THC, it's considered CBD and is legal in most states.
- Read product labels: Always read the product label before purchasing any cannabis product. Look for keywords such as “CBD only” or “high THC.” This will give you a good idea of what you're buying.
- Know your dispensary: If you're purchasing products from a dispensary, make sure you know what type of products they sell. Some dispensaries only sell CBD products, while others specialize in high THC strains.
- Research the product: Take the time to research the product you're interested in before making a purchase. Look for reviews from other customers to see if the product is worth trying.
FAQ about CBD and Marijuana
- Is CBD legal? Yes, CBD is legal in most states, as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC.
- Does CBD get you high? No, CBD is non-psychoactive and won't get you high.
- Is marijuana legal? Marijuana laws vary from state to state. Some states have legalized both recreational and medicinal marijuana, while others have strict laws against it.
- Can you mix CBD and marijuana? Yes, you can use both CBD and marijuana at the same time. However, it's important to be careful, especially if you're new to cannabis.
- What are the side effects of marijuana? Common side effects of marijuana use include dry mouth, increased appetite, and impaired memory or concentration.
In conclusion, knowing the difference between CBD and marijuana is essential for anyone interested in using cannabis products. By following these tips and tricks, you can make informed decisions about the products you're purchasing and ensure you're getting exactly what you need.